Working from Home is becoming a common aspect in every job that can b done with a computer and modern communications. It is a great idea for the employees as they can stay with their family and home. It helps them work in a convenient time if the nature of job permits. For employers, it reduces a certain amount of office and administration cost. They have no problem until the employee’s working potential not reduce.
Now, coming to the main aspect of this article, if the employee got distracted by the surrounding environment in his home, where the remote working space exists, it is not good for both the employer and employee. So, one should be careful about creating a perfect remote work environment. We have listed some of the points to be taken care while doing so.
Things to be noted in the remote office in your home
- Try to keep natural light enters your office room. Fluorescent lighting may sometimes cause drowsiness.
- Avoid dark colors inside the office space. Try to keep green or blue, which can improve focus and efficiency and use yellow, which can inspire optimism and energy.
- The temperature around 25 degrees Celsius might be suitable for work. Too hot or too cold temperature may decrease your working efficiency.
- Avoid TV or other electronic things that can disturb your working mind. It is better if you can have a closed office space to reduce the outside distractions. But you can play music if it improves your working speed.
- Also, ensure to have all the necessary equipment inside the working space and they are comfortable for your use.
- In the working desk, you can keep inspirational quotes, family photos, small plants, things you got for previous achievements, your next target, etc.
- Keep supplies for your remote office ready before you sit for work. If you miss printing paper, while you need it urgently, it will spoil your day.
- Keep healthy snacks and drinking water on the desk. Drink water to hydrate the body, which helps in keeping your energy.
- Though you are working in your home, always wear a dress that makes you feel confident and positive.
- Set a timer and take breaks. Don’t forget to entertain and relax during the breaks. And return to work, after the break. You should set a timer to notify the end of a break.
These points may help you in creating a positive remote working space and will improve productivity.
To make it easy, folks at Wrike have created an infographic on how you can create a perfect virtual workspace. Take a look –
Did we miss something? Tell us how do you manage your workspace at Home in the comment section.