Xiaomi Mi3 is finally released into Indian smartphone Market through Online store Flipkart.com. Now it is time learn about the CWM Recovery and rooting process of Xiaomi Mi3 and installing of custom ROMS, as to customize it to experience a whole new smartphone look of Xiaomi Mi3. As per our Xioami Mi3 review, we posted the top 10 reasons to choose the Xiaomi Mi3 smartphone. but you should not miss to read the Top 5 facts of Xiaomi Mi3 before continuing to install CWM Recovery in Mi3,
The most important thing to remember about Xiaomi Mi3 is it is “Root ready”. It means, we just need to enable the “Root permission” from recovery. To enable this Function in Mi3, we need to flash “CMW Recovery” into the root directory of the smartphone “Xiaomi Mi3 ” . Mi3 is one of few smartphones that is using rooted UI while you are still enjoying warranty with it.
How to Root Xiaomi Mi3?
Here are the Step by Step process:
1. Download and flash latest Developer ROM from here: download Developer Rom for Xiaomi Mi3
- After flashing the Rom, restart Xiaomi Mi3: Goto Security->Permission->Enable Root permission.
How to install CMW Recovery into Xiaomi Mi3:
ClockworkMod recovery is a special boot mode that gives access to administrative functions, such as installing the base firmware (ROM), making backups, and performing a ‘factory reset’. .
- install zip from sdcard or sideload into system1 or system2
- backup system1 and system2 individual or together into one package
- much choices of where you want to restore backups to
- mount and format system1 or system2
- fix permissions on system1 or system2
- set bootmode to system1 or system2
- automatically checks for install-recovery.sh on both systems and asks you if you want to delete them
Enabling or disabling TDB will completely wipe your data-partition. Once enabled your data partition will be VIRTUALLY split which means that both systems together can use the full space of the data-partition.
There are some things which will break TDB:
- everything which removes CWM(like Xiaomi Updater App’s live install)
- ROM’s which don’t support mount_ext4.sh (I did not see any ROM without support yet)
- Download recovery-signed-***.zip
- Copy the file in the root directory of your sdcard
- Use updater installation from settings/info