Facebook Messenger alternative: Top 5 messaging apps for chatting with your friends on Facebook
Hate the Facebook Messenger? Well, we have top 5 alternatives for Facebook messenger for you, so you can chat with your friends rather than in Facebook
It was a very bad news for people who used to chat right from the Facebook app in their smartphones, as Facebook remove the messaging capabilities completely from their official app and force users to download and use the Messenger app instead. Though according to Facebook, Messenger is great with lots of features, it’s fast and have options like sending photos and stickers, some people just want only a good chatting experience. So, I just thought of sharing the list of Top 5 messaging apps for chatting with your friends on Facebook. And I can bet that you will love these apps and we’re mainly concentrating on Android apps. Let’s start with our listing.
Actually, this app has been my all time favorite Facebook cat app. It is fast, simple and easy to use, also it has a lot of features packed like you can set your chat status and send an automated message when you’re away for a while. Here’s the list of features.
• Instantly see who’s online on Facebook
• Change interface appearance: 5 different themes!
• Share photos, videos and voice notes through Facebook chat
• Easy and secure Facebook login
• Attach your current location
• Be notified when your favorite contacts go online
• Mute contacts, so you aren’t bothered when they message you
• Facebook inbox sync
• Send messages to your friends even when they are offline
• Cute “Gowing” smileys
• Quickly jump between different chats, because instant messaging needs to be fast!
• Optimized landscape layouts, we know some of you prefer it that way
• Group your Facebook friends in lists
• Rename your friends
• Homescreen widget
• Devil, Christmas and Classic themes, and more are coming!
• No additional fees, 100% free, it only uses your internet data connection or WiFi.
Get it now, available for Android.
2. FriendCaster Chat
This is also one of my top 5 list, I had been using the Friendcaster app for Android for Facebooking. It’s too smooth and well furnished and loads very fast. And I love it till now because I had been using this app since the last 5 years instead of the official Facebook app, which is damn slow. On the other hand, it is quite fast and now, when they got popular, they released Friendcaster Chat for chatting on Facebook. It just works like magic when you’re on 3G or wi-fi, but I faced some problems while on 2G, so not on the top place but it surely deserves the 2nd place on our top5 messaging apps for Facebook list. Get it now.
3. BeejiveIM for Facebook Chat
This is also another great alternative to Messenger, and has lots of features, which we have listed below
- Save Money: Chat using your existing data plan, no per-message charges.
- Reliable and Efficient: Be connected 24/7 and it’s gentle on your battery.
- Push Notifications: Be connected even after you close the app. Get notified instantly when you get a new message (requires OS 2.2+).
- Share Files: Send and receive files, including pictures and voice notes.
- Universal Interface: Optimized for both tablets and phones.
- Stay Connected: Log in with multiple Facebook accounts.
- Highly Customizable: Choose your color theme, chat wallpaper, buddy list styles, and more!
- No Sign-Up Required: Just sign in with your existing IM accounts, no need to sign up for anything!
* Real-time Chats: Quickly switch between multiple simultaneous chats.
* Full Unicode Support: Chat in any language supported by your Android device.
* Landscape Option: Type with a larger keyboard.
* Save Chats: Email your chats to save your chat history.
* Hyperlink Support: Automatically parses links for web pages, YouTube videos, email addresses, twitter usernames, and phone numbers.
* Emoticons Support.
Account & Buddy Features:
* Full Featured Buddy List: Sort, group, and easily search through your buddy list.
* Buddy Pounce: Receive an alert when your friends come online.
* Configurable Alerts: Customizable sound and vibrate settings.
* Buddy Icons: View your friends’ icons.
This is a very old app, and packed with lots of features. I used it or a while and it din’t let e down. Though they should make some improvements in the app.
- Chat app to message friends using mChat for iPhone/Blackberry/Android or Facebook chat
- Login with Facebook Connect – so no need to upload a picture or fill out private information
- The app automatically includes all your Facebook friends
- Using mChat is like sending a free SMS!
- It’s free!
- No ads!
- Instant push notifications for new messages
- Send messages even when you are offline
- All your friends in one contact list
- Instantly see which friends are online
- Easily switch between active chats in the main menu
- Update your Facebook status using mChat
- No hidden charges – to send and receive messages, mChat uses your existing smartphone internet data plan: 3G/EDGE (or Wi-Fi when available)
- It runs in the background so you can stay online even when you’re on the go
This is at the last, but not bad at all. Works pretty well. I tried it out for a while and I must say that the developers worked on it pretty well. Here are its features.
- Access by facebook account;
- Notification of messages;
- Notification LED, vibrate, sound;
- Notification action settlement;
- View Group;
- Display the grid;
- View birthday;
- View user status;
- Visualisation device’s icon used;
- View Alphabetical List Contact;
- View offline presence *
- Favorites Friends;
- Open conversations;
- Cache conversationes;
- App widget for Home;
- Photo, video, audio sharing in conversations (capture and photo gallery);
- Shared position;
- View avatar in conversations;
- Notifications of Facebook (click header);
- Download conversation of Facebook;
- Displayed in your Facebook (Application) profile (on long click item);
- Automatic reconnection;
- Custom size, type and style font;
- Custom background;
- Custom balloon.