This is something a little different from all our Top 5 lists, I can surely bet that most people neglect this feature while buying a smartphone. But for some adventure lovers, it is a very essential feature, just because they are always looking for some action and they may even finally end up dropping their smartphone in water. So, I’m going to list the top 5 water resistant smartphones you should own instead of putting some extra money on higher priced devices. Here it goes.
Before that you should not miss our other posts on Top 5 list:
Top 5 water resistant smartphones- 2014
It is one of the newest flagship smartphone from Sony and as a pioneer of water resistant devices, Sony keeps the tradition alive with water resistance which is one of the main features of this smartphone.
- Powerful SoC coupled with 3GB RAM
- Excellent 20.7MP camera with 4K video recording
- Waterproof and dustproof certification
- Very good battery backup
- Glass finish is a fingerprint magnet and also very prone to scratches
- Loudspeaker could have been a little bit better
This phone was expected to break the records, just like its predecessor, but no such things happened. yet, it is one of the best and latest flagship phone from Samsung and also you can stay under a meter water with it for half an hour.
- Excellent display and touch feedback
- Good overall performance
- Fingerprint scanner and heart rate monitor work well
- Good camera with 4K video recording support
- Water and dust resistant
- Design is very outdated, old Samsung style
- Low graphics performance on benchmarks
- Lack of premium materials
- TouchWiz UI is old, and really needs a new look
If you are an iPhone hater and want to beat an iPhone 5c owner, this is the perfect phone for you. Not too large, does not put a hole in your wallet and as expected, like the Xperia Z1, it is water resistant. It is just the smaller version of Xperia Z1, but have more power and than iPhone 5c and feature packed.
- Premium look and finish
- High-end hardware
- 20.7MP camera works great
- Waterproof and dust proof certification
- Great battery life
- Glass finish is prone to fingerprints
- Average loudspeaker performance
- Not very slim
Many people may think, why I am recommending this phone? But the fact is that, it is the phone which brought the water proof feature to Xperia smartphones, and even after becoming two generations old, it has got the latest Kitkat upgrade, which is a great thing and you should not be afraid of lags while you use it, and its budget friendly too.
- Great design
- Water and dust resistant
- Very good performance
- Full HD display is impressive
- Excellent camera
- Glass back is prone to scratches
This is a pretty old smartphone, but at a reduced price-tag this phone is pretty good. The phone came out to the market with Android 4.1 Jellybean, but with its features and performance it amazed users and finally got the Android 4.4 Kitkat update.
• Compact & comfortable for one-handed use
• Fast & responsive UI
• Powerful CPU & GPU (Supports playing most HD games with no lags)
• Good battery life
• Removable battery
• Dust and water resistant
• Low internal storage (Only 4.6 GB user available)
• VGA front-facing camera
So, which one are you planning to buy? Let us know in the comments section below. In case you have any doubts or queries also, you can comment below. We will reach you at the earliest. In case yu are buying a laptop, and need to choose, you can view out Top 5 list here.